Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A new hero

"Randomizing" on ArtBreak recently I came across a journal maker extraordinaire. Her name is Bunny Mazhari (caution! Adult imagery). She has brave feminine visual imagery and text that makes you think and laugh. She definitely seems like a feminist of the highest order, but her work shows a vulnerable side as well. I so want to do journals like her! Quite a few of her pieces are centered around birth/motherhood, love/lust and the futility of life. She mixes imagery in a way that is nontraditional but works well. I envy her audacity.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Melanie, your comments are deeply appreciated especially when you seem to have understood my work so well. My journals are my analyst, my life savers and my friends. So again thank you.
    Bunny Mazhari xxx

    ReplyDelete