Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Entries for Living Arts Montana

A couple of months ago, friend of mine talked me into doing a donation piece for the Living Arts of Montana's 6th annual Light Show. She is a volunteer for the group and was recruiting artists. I had heard about this show from other artist friends of mine who had participated in past years. All had nothing but good things to say about the experience. Though, I really had no idea what Living Arts did or what the donation would go to, refusing a chance to include a piece of my work seemed insane! The Light Show is to be held on May 14 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Missoula.

So I had to get to know a bit about the organization to really know what this was all about about. I mean, I can't enter a piece into an auction that benefits something horrific. (Not that I thought it was...)

According to Living Art of Montana's website:
Living Art presents at local, national and international workshops and conferences and teaches classes for professional care-givers and at the University of Montana Social Work Department.
and:
Living Art works with other health care providers and organizations who share a common vision of creating holistic and integrative options for wellness.

(Living Art of Missoula's Website)

This year's Light Show theme is "An Evening in Red". I hadn't had much time to think about what I was going to submit what with the opening of the gallery and so many stinking holidays and events happening in the last bunch of weeks. So, now that things are more settled I thought hard about what that would mean to me, how I would capture it, what media I would use, how big it should be, etc. I've finally got a solid idea started.

Sneak peek at the sketch...


Yes, it is intentionally obscured. I'll post more progress pictures as time goes on. Now that the holidays are over, I'll have more time to devote to the studio (yaay!) and less pressure to create for fairs and for gifts.

The nice folks at Living Arts also invited all the artists signed up for the Light Show to exhibit in February one different piece of work in a group show. I think I'll include this one:

If you want to see it in person, it's in the gallery. Come on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment